Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Ranger!

Ranger turned 7 last week. It feels like he's been with me forever, not just 6 1/2 years. I don't remember the days when I didn't walk in the mornings. Now, walking the dogs in the morning is almost always my favorite time of the day. It's quiet, the sun has risen, and it's a nice time to think about things. I also like exploring the neighborhood, seeing who is doing what to their house.

Ranger's birthday makes me think of how my life has changed over the years. I was in a relationship with someone I thought was The One, but it didn't work out. I sold my house and bought a new one that needed tons of updating. I changed jobs. I gave up my religion. I lost friends that I thought I would have forever, and I became closer to friends I previously wasn't as close to. I went through a period of deep depression (and came out of it partly thanks to Ranger!) I finally have accepted the fact that I'm not going to get married and have kids, which was a hard dream to give up, but I stay busy friends, family, work, and of course, my dogs. While it's not the life I thought I'd have, it's not a bad life.

1 comment:

  1. That's some deep stuff Lise. Thanks for being in my life and thanks for sharing your life. That's a very vulnerable thing to do!

    ReplyDelete