Sunday, March 8, 2009

It's finally Ranger's turn.

Ranger tells me he's been feeling a little neglected - why don't I ever sing his praises? And he's right. So it's finally Ranger's turn to be in the spotlight. To give a little background, I've had Ranger since he was 6 months old. He belonged to my sister, who for some strange reason decided to get 2 Shih Tzu puppies at the same time. After a few months, and much chewed-up furniture, she decided that one of the puppies would have to go, and since Ranger was the main trouble maker, he had to pack his bags. I signed Ranger up for obedience classes, and quickly learned that he wasn't a trouble maker, he just needed more mental stimulation. He learns tricks very quickly and loves to impress company with his repertoire, especially if food is involved. He also competes in agility, and has won a few blue ribbons.

But the best thing about Ranger is that he just wants to be with me. I don't know that I've ever had anyone just want to be with me, no strings attached, no expectations, no demands. But Ranger is content to do whatever I'm doing. Sit on my lap and read a book? Great! Take a nap? Great! Go on a bike ride? Great! (He rides in a basket with me) Sniff in the yard while I garden? What could be better! Like all dogs, he lives in the moment, forgets the disappointments of the past (no treats? What?) and finds enjoyment in everything he does. Not a bad way to live your life!

1 comment:

  1. okay, so now that you've rocked the Perfect Pet's world, how is it affecting Ranger? Will he still be able to ride the bike with you? If so, what happens to Mr. President (Teddy)? What are the repurcussions of bringing Teddy into Ranger's life?

    ReplyDelete