Monday, July 5, 2010

I hate fireworks!

And so does Teddy.  If he is inside the house, he barely notices them, but trying to get him to do his business outside at night when neighbors on all sides are setting off fireworks is next to impossible.  No, not next to impossible - actually impossible!  I am sorry to admit that I lost my temper with him on Saturday and probably made the situation worse.  I think I was more angry with neighbors settiing of fireworks, but since Teddy would be the one who would pee on my carpet in the middle of the night, he got the brunt of my frustration.  He spent Saturday night in a crate, until the fireworks stopped around 2, and I was able to convince him to go outside.  Sunday night, I let him out later in the evening than I normally do, around 7, and tried again around 9, but fireworks were starting by then and it was a lost cause.  So I put up the baby gate in my room, and he slept until morning with no accidents.  Hopefully tonight will be much quieter and we will all sleep well! 

Needless to say, Ranger is not bothered by fireworks at all.  When he was a bit younger, they did bother him, but he spent one 4th of July with his doggie cousin, who is not afraid of anything, and I think he overcame his fear by watching her.  Ever since, he has not reacted to fireworks at all.  Hopefully Ranger will have the same effect on Teddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment