Friday, February 27, 2009

Stil life with dogs - the beginning

For the past 6 years, I was content to have one dog - an adorable, intelligent Shih Tzu named Ranger. We took long walks together, long naps together, and he even rode along with me on my bike. He was the perfect companion - his only desire was to be where I was and do whatever I was doing. Then last month, I had a sudden urge to get another dog, and Teddy entered our lives. What was I thinking?!

Teddy is a former breeder dog from a puppy mill in Missouri, and while he loves Ranger, he is still not too sure about me. We continue to have a "I hate you, don't leave me" relationship. Things have been getting better in the past few weeks, but I thought a blog would be the perfect place to document our progress and also to get tips from other dog lovers on how to earn a rescue dog's trust, and how to train a suspicious and timid dog.

Any advice?

2 comments:

  1. Personally, Teddy doesn't know how lucky he is to have you. If doggies could blog, there would be volumes written about dogs who are jealous of Teddy and Ranger. Welcome Teddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea. Will you be posting pictures. Teddy sounds like he's going through adolescence. How old is he?

    ReplyDelete